SAMACHAR- THE NEWS

THIS BLOG DEALS WITH NEWS

This CEO is cutting down on tech usage

WazirX’s Nischal Shetty says he uses Twitter to either tweet to his followers, or to find out what’s happening around the world.Gadgets of choice“I’ve started using tech more than ever before because I’m not spending time travelling to the office or stepping outside for shopping or leisure. The two gadgets I can’t live without are my cell phone and my laptop. The cellphone helps me keep in touch with my colleagues and friends, and to look up information. The laptop helps me stay focused at work as there are fewer distractions from communication apps.”Screen time“I switched to the iPhone ecosystem in 2010 and have upgraded my devices over the years. Earlier, my mobile usage was a lot more than what it is today. Now, I try to use it less to avoid distractions. I’ve turned off notifications for a majority of apps. Something that I’ve been using a lot more, especially during the lockdown, is my Xbox. Video games make me forget about work.”App launcher“I use Twitter to either tweet to my followers, or to find out what’s happening around the world. I use Instagram to relax or check out good photos, Spotify for listening to music and Calm for meditation. For work, I use Slack, Google Calendar, Monday.com and Jira Software.”Steps and calories“I bought the first version of the Apple Watch after it was launched. It helps me track my steps — something that is more important during the lockdown. Staying healthy is important and the watch reminds me if I’ve achieved my goals.”Sound check“I’ve been investing in hardware regularly since the outbreak of the pandemic. One of the gadgets I bought recently was a webcam. I’m also planning to invest in a better microphone. I’ve got Apple Airpods, which is amazing when you want to get into meetings and cancel background noise.”Time management“The Google Calendar keeps me informed about when I need to get to work and when to get out of it. It’s important to separate your worktime and personal-time during the lockdown, so that you don’t burn out. I’ve also started using to-do lists more now. I add all the things I need to do either on Monday.com or my notebook and get it done.”77058773

from Economic Times https://ift.tt/3jxQfX3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts