SAMACHAR- THE NEWS

THIS BLOG DEALS WITH NEWS

Gautam Singhania says he's not a tech-slave

Through months of work from home, Gautam Singhania, CMD, Raymond, has kept his technology consumption consistent, except for video calls. “Since there are no physical meetings, all meetings are being done on Zoom. Now it’s coming back to normal, but I think my Zoom consumption was higher. My other technology usage was the same,” he says. “I don’t know if work from home is better or worse, but we are managing.” The essentials“Two gadgets that I need the most are my mobile phone for calls and communication, and my laptop as I do all my work on it. The iPad becomes my third device, but it’s not that critical except for the Zoom app. It is a black PRO 11-inch,” he says.“I’m using an old iPhone 8, gold in colour. It’s the one that was available back then. I’m indifferent to my phone and its design. I need the functionality more than the appearance. Yes, I do take time off from my phone. It’s there. I am not it’s slave, it is my slave,” he says.Shiny splurge“I recently upgraded my laptop because it was five or six years old and had become limited in terms of storage, capacity and processing power. My new laptop [for work] is the ASUS – ROG Series, 17.3 inches, black. I prefer using ASUS as it’s more functional and for half the price of another brand. It is functionality-driven more than anything else. I could have gone for another laptop, but I am used to the ASUS keypad. Laptop manufacturers have different keypads,” he says. “I also have a 14-inch ASUS ZenBook, that is my travel laptop. It’s blue in colour,” he says.No to fitness watches“I am into fitness, but I’ve never used a fitness watch. I use my brain to tell me what I am doing,” he says.

from Economic Times https://ift.tt/2ZIwK6n

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts