SAMACHAR- THE NEWS

THIS BLOG DEALS WITH NEWS

'People won't opt for comfort dressing post-Covid'

Designer Gaurav Gupta may be missing travel but for now, work is keeping him busy. And that means finding and nurturing new talent, which is what he has been doing with Blenders Pride Fashion Tour. “I am excited,” he says, adding that he looks forward to seeing young designers who are themselves - original, innovative and of course, have an individual sense of style. Individuality is a trait he thinks the pandemic has intensified, as people want to take a step back from comfort fashion (aka joggers and shirts for Zoom). “It is going to be a formula of each to its own and people will dress up more individualistically,” Gupta thinks.However, don’t ditch the loungewear just yet. “Comfort fashion will be in style for a while because people have understood the value of comfort while working from home, but at the same time when they plan to step out to celebrate or party or for any occasion, they would want to dress up and go over the top,” he shares. Gupta shares what’s on his wishlist, what shopping destinations he can’t wait to get back to and how he’s built a gym at home during the pandemic.Dive in: I want to travel to all the destinations that have been on my list and even go back to a few of my favourite places like Greece or Egypt. I want to go to the Amazon Forest, I want to go diving, skydiving and see the whales. A lot of adventures are awaited. Locally, I would love to go trekking in the Himalayas, even skiing. I'd love to go to the forests of Karnataka and see the rhinos. Internationally, I’d like to go to Tel Aviv, my Aunt’s there and also Egypt, Greece. I also want to visit the best places to dive since I have recently done my advanced diving program, I would love to jump out on a diving holiday.Treats and treatments: I love acupuncture and would love a session. Even light acupuncture. I do it whenever I find time and it balances my nerves. I have been going to Olive in between the lockdowns. It is like a second home to me. It’s convenient because it’s close to my store.Shopping havens: I love shopping at Glover Street in London, Yohji Yamamoto and different flea markets in London as well. I wish I would have shopped more in Europe from the brands there in 2019. I have discovered a few interesting Indian brands, like I’m shopping a bit of Kanika Goyal and Nicobar. We have recently become more sustainable in the last few years. In my opinion, survival is in sustainability and people should go back to nature.Tools of the trade: I am now able to sketch on Apple's latest iPad using the Apple Pen. I also used to be very traditional in making lists in my diary, which has become digital now. I don't really like using laptops much so I use touchscreen devices to help with my work. 86035742Team work: My parents, my best friends and the people in my life have kept me positive and it has helped me keep my spirits up. I think everybody needs to be spirited themselves, otherwise everything falls apart. For example, sometimes I would just go with the flow and sketch till the morning. My team has been very supportive, from working during the pandemic and outshining themselves.Down time: I really like 'Before the Flood' and would recommend everybody to watch it at least once. It’s a pertinent one, about the climate change crisis we are facing. I have also built a mini gym at my house. What has really come out of it is that I am living a healthier lifestyle and I am able to workout four times a week.

from Economic Times https://ift.tt/3nblD2J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts